My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
Thinking about how I work with other professionals
This work-based free course, Thinking about how I work with other professionals, encourages early years practitioners to think about the values and principles underpinning how they work with other professionals. It explores beliefs about teamwork, examines frameworks for professional communication and concludes with identifying possible changes in practice.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- examine practices in relation to working with other professionals in order to make the underpinning knowledge, values and beliefs explicit
- use a variety of ‘tools’ to examine the knowledge, values and beliefs underpinning a practice
- identify contradictions between an underpinning knowledge, values and beliefs and a practice
- identify any requirements for development of a practice and reconsider the underpinning values and beliefs in relation to any work with other professionals
- identify constraints within a setting that impact on the ways of working with other professionals.
You can start this course right now without signing-up. Click on any of the course content sections below to start at any point in this course.
If you want to be able to track your progress, earn a free Statement of Participation, and access all course quizzes and activities, sign-up.
- Learning outcomes
- 1 Working with other professionals
- 2 Making your underpinning knowledge, values and beliefs explicit
- 3 ‘Tools’ for examining the knowledge, values and beliefs underpinning your practice
- 4 Identifying constraints in your setting and improving practice
- 5 Bringing the course together: translating your core values and beliefs into practice
- Keep on learning
Create an account to get more
Track your progress
Review and track your learning through your OpenLearn Profile.
Statement of participation
On completetion of a course you will earn a Statement of participation.
Access all course activities
Take course quizzes and access all learning.
Review the course
When you have finished a course leave a review and tell others what you think.
Creative commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence.
However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions and our FAQs.
Full copyright details can be found in the Acknowledgements section of each week.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has nearly 50 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.
About this free course
6 hours study
Level 1: Introductory
Download this course
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.