It's largely forgotten that there were raids on civilians during the First World War. Timewatch investigated, and viewers shared their own memories.
My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
Timewatch: The first blitz - debate
The Open2 community was inspired by Timewatch's report into the blitz during the first world war.
Originally published: Tuesday, 30th January 2007
- Body text - Copyright: The Open University
- Image 'Zeppelin over London during the First World War' - Copyrighted: Copyright: Used with permission
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Subscribe to our 'Timewatch: The first blitz - debate' When and Where feed
- Subscribe to our 'Open University broadcasting schedule' feed
- Subscribe to our 'What's On' feed
- Latest pages by The Timewatch team
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Timewatch
- Latest pages tagged - points for debate
- Latest pages tagged - First World War
- Latest pages tagged - Timewatch
- Latest pages tagged - blitz
- Latest pages tagged - memories [recollections]
- Latest pages tagged - 20th century
- Latest comments on this page
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?