Starting at a typical breakfast table in a German-speaking country, this course will build your vocabulary, teach you how to express your likes and dislikes and introduce you to grammatical concepts that will improve your ability to hold sophisticated conversations in German and understand more complex language in a variety of different scenarios.
This OpenLearn course is an extract from the beginning of the Open Centre for Languages and Cultures short course, LGXG002 Beginners German 2: mit Vergnügen! After completing this free course, you may wish to register for the full course to continue your learning!
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand how to use regular and irregular verbs in the present tense
- use the adverb gern or gerne in a sentence
- discuss food and drink likes and dislikes and talk about a typical breakfast table in German-speaking countries
- appreciate the different strategies for learning vocabulary and using a dictionary to help with verb forms
- understand word order in sentences.
First Published: 08/02/2021