Summary of Week 7
Week 7 extended your understanding of networks and to practice building a network in the Packet Tracer Anywhere simulation tool.
You should now be able to:
- understand the role of the Cisco IOS
- interpret all the information displayed following an IP interface brief command
- explain the terms ‘up’, ‘down’ and ‘administratively down’
- briefly explain what a VLAN is
- build, configure and test a simple network using Packet Tracer Anywhere
- understand the differences between static routing and dynamic routing
- know how to configure default static routes
- know how to configure a simple dynamic routing protocol called RIP.
Next week you will look at making a network secure, and concludes the course with a look at more complex networks.