Summary of Week 8
Week 8 introduced you to network security and complex networks.
You should now be able to:
- configure passwords for authorised users
- configure secure remote access to a router
- configure IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- configure the RIP routing protocol for IPv4 and IPv6
- use show commands to interrogate the configuration of a device.
Congratulations on completing this course.
The Open University created this course in collaboration with Cisco. The content was released in November 2019 for the wider education community, before the impact of Covid-19. As this course has been selected for the UK Government Digital Skills Toolkit, we are pleased to be able to offer additional advanced courses until October 2020.
Please click on any of the following links to enrol for:
- Networking Essentials [Tip: hold Ctrl and click a link to open it in a new tab. (Hide tip)] (70 hours Study) – exploring in greater depth the domain of Network Engineering.
- Cybersecurity Essentials (30 hours Study) – expanding your professional awareness around the many challenges presented in the work of network and cyber security.
- Linux Unhatched (8 hours Study) – explore your knowledge and experience of the Linux Operating System used in many super computers, networking technologies and smart phones.
Get careers guidance
The National Careers Service can help you decide your next steps with your new skills.