Your support and next steps
- Did you find that you used some of the same skills as Claire, Suzanne or Alana?
- Did you discover that you have other skills, maybe some that you were not aware of?
- Are you now aware of qualities that you have but hadn’t considered before?
- Does your support network have any similarities to Claire, Alana or Suzanne’s?
Family and friends were mentioned but also organisations that could help them. In the next activity you will think about the people and organisations you think could help you towards achieving your goals.
Activity 5.1 My support networks
Think about the people who have helped you or who might help you in the future with any plans you have.
Now make a spider diagram like the one for Claire and Suzanne on Activity sheet 5.1 provided.
Go to Activity 5.1 of your Reflection Log. Once you have completed the activity, make sure you save the document again.
You have nearly reached the end of this course. Activity 5.2 involves planning the next move towards your goals – you need to think carefully about where you are trying to get to.
You can also use the Find out more section at the end of the course for information links and contact details for further resources and support.
Activity 5.2 My long-term goal and first ‘next step’
Starting from now and where you are at the moment, think very carefully about what you need to do to get to where you want to be. Think back on the activities you have done, and what you have learned from:
- your past experiences (Activity 2.3)
- the skills, qualities and abilities you have (Activity 3.2)
- anything that will help you, as well as any difficulties you may need to overcome (Activities 4.3 and 4.4)
- any people that you know will be there to help you (Activity 5.1).
We’ve heard from Suzanne throughout the course – and here are the long-term goals and the first next steps Suzanne identified.
|My long-term goal
|What am I going to do?
|Spend time with Dad this summer and research options in USA
|Where will I go for help and advice?
|When will I do this?
Use Activity sheet 5.2 to reflect on your long-term goal and the actions you will take to achieve it. Use this information to write a sentence starting: ‘The first step I am going to take ...’
Go to Activity 5.2 in your Reflection Log. Once you have completed the activity, make sure you save the document again.