Stage 4 Part A: Uncertainties
Participants are then asked to identify the uncertainties that shape and drive decisions made by the entities on the island. Which factors beyond our own direct control shape the decisions of the other actors on our island? Such factors could affect just one actor, or many. Participants then consider the factors or forces that can’t be fully predicted in advance, and that might result in a redraw of the map of the island in the future.
- do you feel most uncertain about?
- has the biggest impact?
- takes you out of business-as-usual thinking?
- do you not really think about?
- could really change your focus/how you go about your day to day, if it changed?
- offers a different perspective?
Consider your forces, external and internal environment:
- Which forces are most uncertain or uncomfortable?
- Which forces aren’t you paying attention to?
- Which forces can’t be known in advance?
- What does the island look like if these forces play out?
How is your decision maker’s ecosystem reshaped?