5.1 Managing learning
In this section you tried out some ideas for thinking creatively about management problems or opportunities and thought about how these tools can help you to develop solutions and new management strategies. You have developed some initial skills in case analysis, which can help you to think more systematically about your own organisational situation, and you have discovered different metaphors for symbolising and illustrating organisations.
Take some time to think about how the ideas, theories and tools you have engaged with in this course have helped approach issues/probing
- what the problem/opportunity situation is and its main characteristics
- the main causes and how people are involved
- the effects of the situation on the work of your organisation and how you do your work
- the effects of the organisation on the issue.
Think about the following questions:
- What new insights have you gained through the readings in the light of the work you have done in this course? For example, which theories and ideas did you find most relevant to your practice and work situation?
- How easy or difficult would you find these theories to implement or use, and which seem more useful in analysing the organisational context of your problem or opportunity? What information, skills and knowledge do you need to do this?
- What questions do you still have? What else do you want to know and learn?