My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
The market-led organisation
Marketing means different things to different people. How do you decide who to aim a campaign at? If you already have a background in marketing, this free course, The market-led organisation, will improve your understanding of market orientation and of the process of going to market. It also assesses the importance of managing key internal and external relationships.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- describe the difference between marketing as a function and the concept of being market led
- evaluate whether an organisation is market led
- evaluate the relevance of marketing concepts to organisations, whether commercial (for-profit) or non-profit
- identify customers and consumers
- list the tangible and intangible elements of products and services.
You can start this course right now without signing-up. Click on any of the course content sections below to start at any point in this course.
If you want to be able to track your progress, earn a free Statement of Participation, and access all course quizzes and activities, sign-up.
- Learning outcomes
- 1 What does 'marketing' mean?
- 2 Understanding market orientation
- 3 Do all organisations need to be market oriented?
- 4 How do organisations become market leaders?
- 5 Managing a market-led organisation
- Keep on learning
Create an account to get more
Track your progress
Review and track your learning through your OpenLearn Profile.
Statement of participation
On completetion of a course you will earn a Statement of participation.
Access all course activities
Take course quizzes and access all learning.
Review the course
When you have finished a course leave a review and tell others what you think.
Creative commons: The Open University is proud to release this free course under a Creative Commons licence.
However, any third-party materials featured within it are used with permission and are not ours to give away. These materials are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. See terms and conditions and our FAQs.
Full copyright details can be found in the Acknowledgements section of each week.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has 50 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.
About this free course
4 hours study
Level 3: Advanced
Become an OU student
Download this course
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.