1. Antibiotics have activity against which of the following?
2. Antibiotics were first introduced - with revolutionary medical benefits - during which war?
3. Before the advent of antibiotics, which of the following could be life-threatening? (Hint - there may be more than one right answer)
4. The cephalosporin group of antibiotics were discovered following a scientific investigation of ...?
5. Why might a doctor advise you to stay off alcohol if you're taking antibiotics?
6. What proportion of the cells in the human body belong to bacteria?
7. How long does it take a bacterium, like E. coli, to replicate? (bugs like TB take a long time)?
8. How many bacteria are there, on average, in a gram of faeces?
9. Which of the following is not a recognised side effect of antibiotic therapy?
10. Why are nurses less at risk from superbugs than patients?