3.2 Thinking about the scale of dissemination
Dissemination should not be thought about as a one-off activity, but as something that can pick up momentum and reach wider audiences than first anticipated.
Activity 5 Scale of dissemination
Think about the role the following examples can play in the dissemination of research findings:
- websites – in which a set of materials are curated
- social media platforms – to share updates and alert followers to outputs
- blogs – to include researcher reflections and increase the transparency of the research.
Look at one or two of the following research websites, according to your interests, and note features that have been included to increase the scale of the dissemination of the findings (make sure to open this link in a new tab/window so you can easily return to this page):
- Research at the Open University around creative pedagogies ‘Excellence in research: inspiring creative pedagogies’
- Research in the Centre of Excellence in Game Culture Studies funded by the Academy of Finland
- The research pages of the social start-up Relationships Foundation
- The research pages of the UK national, government-funded Education Endowment Foundation
- The research pages of the UK inspection organisation Ofsted
- The research pages of the Notre Dame Center for STEM Education
- Research underway by Duke Robotics at the Pratt School of Engineering, USA