6 Week 2 summary
This week you have:
- learned about the events that led to the bombing of Monte Cassino Abbey in the Second World War
- examined the history and content of the Hague Convention (1954) and its uncertainties, and applied its rules in both hypothetical and real cases
- learned about the military concept of a ‘force-multiplier’
- analysed arguments given for and against protecting cultural heritage during conflict
- reflected on your own attitudes about the morality of risking lives to protect heritage.
You can now go to Week 3.