3.3 Protecting your data for the future
If you have not already done so, now is the time to consider investing in computer backups.
Backups protect us from threats including:
- accidentally deleting a file or program
- losing disks, computers or memory cards
- hardware failures such as a hard disk crash
- software bugs that prevent data being written to a storage device or cause it to be corrupted as it is written
- disasters such as fire or flooding
- crimes including terrorism, theft and acts of sabotage such as hacking.
Activity _unit8.4.1 Activity 3 Protection for the future
Grab the list of digital information that you compiled in Week 1 and develop a plan to recover your data in the event that it is lost in a computer security breach.
For each type of information on your list, consider how you might go about recovering the data. Form a plan for each type of information.