Congratulations for reaching the end of the second week of the course. This week has focused on how the study diamond can provide a way into reading a wide range of poetry. The week also has outlined how a focused and organised approach makes it possible to go beyond personal responses to poetry in humorous verses or in greetings cards.
In Week 2, you have learned about:
- identifying the HE subjects grouped as arts and humanities
- the use of personal response and critical reading as learning approaches in the arts
- a range of poetic techniques: rhyme, repetition, surprising language (e.g. imagery using metaphors and similes)
- some of the elements found in the sonnet form
- applying the study diamond to analyse effects, techniques, context and meaning in in poetry
- developing your study skills.
For Week 3, you will further develop your understanding of learning in the arts and humanities by exploring some challenging contemporary art history, through the lens of the study diamond.
You can now go to Week 3.