This week you have learned how to write a cohesive essay that readers will find easy to follow.
These are the key learning points:
- All parts of an essay can be connected so that they work together to answer the question.
- Paragraphs and sentences can be linked by using familiar information to introduce new information.
- Paragraphs and sentences can be connected by using linking words.
- Linking words can help the writer to add information, give examples, express cause–effect and compare–contrast relationships.
- A range of linking phrases can be used to refer to information contained in images and diagrams.
You can now go to Week 6.