During the past eight weeks you have been drawing out your thoughts on:
- who you are
- what you want for yourself going forward
- how to find out what kind of opportunities might be available
- how to develop a network of contacts who can help you with your aspirations
- how to put together a convincing written presentation of your abilities
- how to put those abilities across in situations where you are trying to secure a job or access the work you want
- your action plan going forwards.
Alongside the ideas and arguments you have encountered, you have been encouraged to apply the ideas to your own situation, and to reflect on your experiences. Your notebook is now your ‘resource bank’ of ideas about what matters to you, where you might want to take your interests, and what you need to do to achieve them.
It is a great achievement to complete the course, so remember to add the new skills to your CV, but you have also taken the first steps that may enable you to achieve your goals. Always keep these in mind now you have identified them, and good luck with fulfilling your career aspirations.
You should now feel that you can:
- summarise what you have learned from the course
- use SWOT and SMART to assess your wish list and action plan
- produce an action plan for the next six months
- understand the need to review and update your action plan.
If you’ve gained your badge you’ll receive an email to notify you. You can view and manage your badges inwithin 24 hours of completing all the criteria to gain a badge.
Now you’ve completed the course we would again appreciate a few minutes of your time to tell us a bit about your experience of studying it and what you plan to do next. We will use this information to provide better online experiences for all our learners and to share our findings with others. If you’d like to help, please fill in this optional survey.
You can now return to the course progress page.