3.1.1 Reading work in progress
Remember that you can get your ideas for future stories from all sorts of sources.
- the radio, as you’ve done with your recent story
- a newspaper article or headline
- a fragment of speech overheard
- a childhood memory
- a smell
- an image
- story prompts from the Prompt cloud PDF.
Reflect on the following questions, with regard to your radio story:
- Did you think what you wrote was a story?
- What made it a story?
- Did it have a structure?
- How did you go about portraying characters?
We will talk more about what makes up a story, but for now think of it as a narrative with a beginning, middle and end.