8.1 Sharing your story
You should be coming to the end of the editing of your short story. It may not be exactly as you want it to be, and you may still have some time to continue to work on it.
Forum assignment activity 7: Submitting your story for review
Bring your story to a point where you are relatively happy with it. Then submit it for your fellow writers to review on the forum thread for this activity as a Word document attachment to your posting. Do not exceed the 1000 words. Length limits are important and can help instil discipline in your writing and in many circumstances they are there for a reason (as with story competitions).
The reviewers will be asked to give you feedback on the following aspects of your assignment, so you should consider these when writing:
- What were the strengths and weaknesses of the character portrayals?
- Were there any very clear, or any confusing, elements of the story which related to approaches taught on Start writing fiction?
- Did the story have a plot, causality and conflict? How did it engage you?
Points to note:
- Please check your assignment carefully before submission as it cannot be edited afterwards.
- Remember: if your writing contains graphic material, you must put a warning in brackets after your title, for example, ‘(explicit content)’ or ‘(strong language)’. (For more information, see Introduction)
- You will remain the sole owner of copyright for any work you post or submit on the course (for more information see Terms and conditions for sharing material).