Week 8: Next steps for working and learning in the voluntary sector
Congratulations on reaching the final week of the course! Hopefully you will have developed an understanding of the voluntary sector and gained useful insight into how your own experience fits with the issues covered.
This week you will have an opportunity to consolidate your learning and think about your next steps in working or volunteering in, or other engagement with, voluntary organisations. You will reflect on what you have learned and think about what your next steps might be in terms of working, volunteering and learning. You will also find out about how to learn from experience and, in particular, how a ‘learning cycle’ can be applied to your work or volunteering experience.
In the following video, Julie introduces you to Week 8.
By the end of this week, you should be able to:
- reflect on what you have learned on the course
- make plans for what you would like to do next in terms of further learning, work or volunteering
- understand the benefits of volunteering
- identify ways of finding a job or volunteering experience
- understand the learning cycle approach and apply it.