This week you considered the spectrum of flexible and agile working arrangements. You should now:
- have reflected on what a career means
- know more about different types of flexible and agile working
- have thought about the pros and cons of home working
- know more about your legal rights to flexible working and how to negotiate for what you want
- know more about the pros and cons of being self-employed.
The working environment you wish to return to will bring its own challenges and opportunities and it is therefore also important to understand what you are aiming for in your own work-life balance. Next week, you will reflect on your own aspirations with respect to work–life balance in light of how others have dealt with these issues. You will evaluate your own time management and identify potential changes in how you spend your time in order to work towards a work-life balance that suits you.
You are now half way through the course. The Open University would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions for future improvement in our optional, which you will also have an opportunity to complete at the end of Week 8. Participation will be completely confidential and we will not pass on your details to others.
You can now go to Week 5.