Think about where you would like to work – some jobs may require you to travel a lot or to work abroad.
Consider the following questions and think about your own preferred work location:
- How long you would be prepared to commute each day?
- Would you drive, travel by train, cycle, or a combination of these?
- Would you be able, and prepared, to work further away from home and to stay overnight some nights?
- Would you consider moving for a job?
- What arrangements would you need to make; for example, for dropping off or picking up your children from school?
- Would you be willing to work all or part of the time from home?
Activity 4 Travel radius
Considering your answers to the questions above, what does your travel to work radius look like? Open a route planning tool, such as Google Maps, and see how far you can commute by car if this is your preferred method. Alternatively, if the train is more convenient for you, look at the train lines onand see where you could reasonably get to in the time you have allotted for commuting. It is also be worth checking your local bus and/or tram provision.