During this week you have looked at different aspects of work–life balance. You reflected on your own aspirations with respect to work–life balance in the light of how others have dealt with these issues. In addition, you identified your own work–life balance issues and potential solutions to these issues, and evaluated your time management and looked at tools to help manage your time and manage changes in how you spend your time.
Specifically this week you have:
- learned about the Kaleidoscope ABC model of career development
- calculated your work-life balance and priorities
- considered specific issues including:
- childcare and other caring responsibilities
- time for yourself
- coping with conflicting roles.
- learned about prioritisation and time management techniques.
Save your notes from the activities in this week as you will use them to make your action plan in Week 8.
Next week, you’ll be finding out how to get support to help you to meet the particular challenges of returning to the workplace. The week starts with strategies to boost your confidence, and then you go on to look at mentoring and networking, and how these mechanisms can support you in your career progression.
You can now go to Week 6.