5.3.1 Networking Academy curricula
The Networking Academy delivers a comprehensive, 21st century learning experience. Students develop the foundational ICT skills needed to design, build, and manage networks, along with career skills such as problem solving, collaboration, and critical thinking. Students complete hands-on learning activities and network simulations to develop practical skills that will help them fill a growing need for networking professionals around the world. These are some of the offerings of the Networking Academy:
- IT Essentials − IT Essentials covers the fundamentals of computer hardware and software and advanced concepts, such as security, networking, and the responsibilities of an IT professional.
- Entrepreneurship − The Entrepreneurship course teaches critical business and financial skills, attitudes, and behaviors to help students develop an entrepreneurial mindset that can empower them to improve their overall quality of life.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity − The Introduction to Cybersecurity course covers trends in cybersecurity and demonstrates the need for cybersecurity skills in various industries.
- CCNA Routing and Switching − CCNA Routing and Switching provides a comprehensive overview of networking concepts and skills. It covers network applications to the protocols and services provided to those applications by the lower layers of the network. This curriculum has an emphasis on practical application, work-force readiness, and soft-skills development.
- CCNA Security − CCNA Security introduces the core security concepts and skills needed to install, troubleshoot, and monitor a network to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
For more information on our latest offerings, go to the.