4.2.4 Cisco streamlines old mining operation
A full IoE implementation is an end-to-end solution with multiple M2M, M2P and P2P connections. Companies must determine implementation priorities based on those connections that provide the best opportunity to contribute to the success of the business.
Consider how a mining company might use IoE solutions to optimise operations and reduce costs by asking:
- What benefits can an IoE solution bring to a mining organisation?
- How can the organisation be impacted by the real-time data?
- How is cost-saving achieved by the IoE implementation?
- What types of profits could be foreseen by the owners, shareholders, and employees?
- While there are many connections that can be made in the IoE solution, which ones will provide the best return on investment (ROI) and, therefore, should take prioritisation?
Watch the video to see how mining companies use IoE to provide connectivity and collaboration across the organisation and the systems they use. A focus of the video is one IoE solution that was implemented to minimise downtime of trucks used in operations, which can save money.