4 Constructing an action plan
When constructing your action plan, there are four main dimensions to consider in order for it to be as comprehensive as possible.
- What extra information do you need before you can make a decision?
- What areas do you feel unsure about?
- What knowledge might give you the edge when you are applying for other jobs?
People (or possibly an organisation/agency)
- Who might help you with information about opportunities with your current employer?
- Who do you need to talk to or consult in order to find out more about career ideas or training opportunities?
- Who might be able to offer you impartial advice or guidance?
- What skills or expertise do you need to develop before you can make a particular move?
- What experience will make you more attractive to a future employer?
- Are there some tasks that need to be completed before others can be tackled?
- Are there any deadlines that you must meet in order to progress?
- What are realistic time frames within which you can achieve your objectives?