Week 1: Developing career resilience – a personal approach
To start your work this week, watch the following video in which Lynne Johnson introduces Week 1. Lynne works in the Careers Service at The Open University and has worked in adult career guidance for over twenty years. Each week of the course will start with a short video in which Lynne will tell you what will be covered in that week.
Transcript: Introduction to Week 1
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- understand the meaning of the term ‘resilience’
- explain the difference between personal resilience and career resilience
- identify some of the stress factors in your life
- explain why career resilience is important in today’s working world
- understand how career resilience relates to a model of change.
Before you start, take some time to consider what you would like to get out of the course. The Open University would really appreciate you taking a few minutes of your time to tell us about yourself and your expectations of the course. Your input will help to improve the online learning experience. If you’d like to help, and if you haven’t done so already, please fill in this.