This week you have thought about personal resilience and looked at the strengths of resilient people in more detail. You have looked at the way that our levels of personal resilience vary between people and over time, throughout our lives. You have also considered how genetics, your upbringing, support networks and your learning can all influence this.
You have added to your notes and reflected on your own experiences in developing personal resilience.
You have learned to:
- recognise that there are varying degrees of personal resilience
- understand the different components that contribute to personal resilience
- recognise some ways in which resilience can be taught
- reflect on your own personal capacity for resilience
- understand how coaching can build resilience.
Next week you will focus on career resilience. You will examine how the external environment has an impact on career resilience. You will explore whether career resilience draws on different strengths in different working sectors.
You can now go to Week 3.