Week 6: Self-belief and persistence
Last week you learned about self-esteem, part of the ‘I am’ element of the resilience model you looked at in Week 4. This week you will explore self-belief and self-efficacy, what you believe you can achieve and how people continue towards their goals in the face of difficulties, drawing on examples from international athletes. You will continue to look at how what you say to yourself can help to overcome challenges.
Do continue to note down your thoughts and responses to the activities either in a notebook or in your online toolkit.
Lynne Johnson introduces Week 6 in the video below.
Transcript: Introduction to Week 6
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- understand the concept of self-efficacy
- consider personal goals and formulate tactics to overcome stress
- approach your personal career narrative
- understand the ways in which employers spot resilience
- understand the importance of reflection.