Session 1: You and your money
Let’s get started. Bobby Seagull introduces the course in the first video and outlines some of the ways your money becomes more important as you come to the end of school or college. In this session you will explore banking and saving, and why you need skills in managing your money. It’s all about choosing to keep safe and take control.
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
- go about selecting a bank account, savings account and credit card
- check your bank statement
- understand the role that credit rating agencies play in your financial life
- make good decisions about phone contracts, including whether to buy phone insurance
- undertake financial transactions securely.
The Open University would really appreciate you taking a few minutes of your time to tell us about yourself and your expectations of the course. Your input will help to improve the online learning experience. If you would like to help, and if you haven’t already done so, please fill in this.