5 End of course round-up
You’ve now reached the end of The Business of Film. Hopefully you’ve enjoyed the course.
Just like in any other business, understanding the key business elements of film will enable you to become a better film-maker and operate with the confidence to ensure your contribution in the process leads to a successful film.
Now that you've reached the end of this course, you should be able to:
- recognise the contribution of film to the economy and how this business model is changing in the digital era
- appreciate the impact of emerging platforms on the traditional distribution and marketing of film
- understand the processes involved in selecting and selling a film idea, given the changing concept of ownership in a digital world
- demonstrate an understanding of how films are financed and the opportunities emerging investment platforms have on film finance
- identify and understand the impact of future trends and changes on the film industry and its stakeholders.