Week 5: Addressing challenges: approaches to intervention
This week opens by considering the goal, sought by some people and vehemently rejected by others, of a ‘cure’ for autism.
Now watch the following video in which Dr Ilona Roth introduces this week’s work.
By the end of this week you should be able to:
- appreciate contrasting views on ‘curing’ autism
- understand what is meant by ‘intervention’
- appreciate the importance of interventions being evidence-based
- understand broad principles for evaluating interventions
- be familiar with key interventions and recent developments in the field.