To sum up the learning this week, you have:
- had a brief look at basic principles of photovoltaic energy conversion, concentrating initially on devices using monocrystalline silicon
- described the basic electrical characteristics of PV cells and modules
- discussed the various roles of PV energy systems in supplying power to homes and other buildings, and in feeding power into local or national electricity grids
- reviewed the economic prospects and the environmental impact of photovoltaic electricity
- examined how PV might be increasingly integrated into electricity supplies
- looked at the world market and future prospects for photovoltaics.
You can now go to Week 4.