7 End of course summary
The final week of Understanding autism has encouraged you to reflect on what you have learned in previous weeks, using this knowledge to consider where we are now with autism and what challenges and priorities there are for the future, whether in the UK or globally.
The final words go to Alex:
You should now be able to:
- evaluate how your own knowledge and understanding has increased while studying this course
- appreciate both shared problems and differences in the lived experience and needs of autistic people
- discuss trends and priorities in autism research and support
- identify wider societal issues that affect the lives of those with autism and their families
- understand some of the priorities for autism in low resource settings.
Well done for completing the course! As April is World Autism Month 2020, course lead Dr Ilona Roth has a special message for you:
Tell us what you think
Now you have completed the course, take a few moments to reflect on your experience of working through it, and what you have learned. Please complete the optional survey to tell us about your reflections. Your responses will allow us to gauge how useful you have found the course and how effectively you have engaged with the content. We will also use your feedback to better inform the design of future online experiences for our learners. Many thanks for your help.