1 Continue observing with COAST
As mentioned in the introduction to this week, this first activity reminds you to keep taking images with COAST.
Activity 1 Continue and refine your COAST images
As you work through the material this week, schedule some more observations with COAST.
- Review the images you have already obtained, and think about how you would improve them.
- Experiment with different filters or exposure times. Use the information you have from each new image to help you decide what to change.
- Try out the image editing options in telescope.org. Select an image to view, and then click on the Edit tab. There are options to zoom in, to adjust brightness and contrast, and to adjust the colours. You can save the edited image when you are happy with the adjustments that you have made.
- Perhaps have a go at some different objects.
- You can continue to study the rest of this week’s material while waiting for your images to come back.