Session 4: How will I learn?
In this session you’ll find out about modules and how these fit with qualifications as well as how modules generally work. You’ll also explore the benefits and challenges of distance and online study and get some useful tips about how to cope with the challenges.
You’ll then turn your attention to tutorials, online forums and how assessment works at the OU.
By the end of this session, you’ll be able to:
- understand how modules and qualifications fit together
- know what kind of resources and activities to expect in your module(s)
- book a tutorial and understand the different ways these are presented
- understand how to use forums
- understand assessment and good academic practice at the OU.