3 What are digital skills?
Digital skills are about using technology to achieve your goals, whether those are related to work, everyday life or study.
Digital skills include things like:
- presenting yourself to your best advantage online and managing how you appear online - your digital identity
- making the most of online networks
- knowing who and what to trust online
- evaluating and using online tools
- searching online effectively.
Watch this short animation to understand more about what being digital might mean for you:
As illustrated in the animation you’re probably already using digital skills in other aspects of your life and can bring these into your studies. Likewise, the digital skills you develop while studying will help you in other places.
Don’t worry, however, if you’re not used to working digitally – there are plenty of resources available to help you.
What digital skills are needed for study? Find out in the next section.