Now is a good time to revisit the learning outcomes for this week. Here is a summary of what you have covered.
- You now understand what ‘microgravity’ is and the difference between mass and weight.
- By completing Practical experiment 1 and Activities 1 to 7, you have worked out the distance travelled by the ISS and used Newton’s Second Law of force, mass and acceleration.
- You have seen how to directly compare the distance from the ISS to Earth with the Earth’s radius and the distance travelled by the ISS in one day compared with the Moon’s orbit.
- You have compared the gravitational field on Earth with that on the ISS.
- You have also interpreted a diagram and extracted information from it in Activity 2.
Next week you will look at the research into the effects of ageing both on Earth and in space.
You can now go to.