When should you listen carefully?
As you have seen, lots of things can affect your listening. Often the main factor is whether or not you are interested in what is being said. It really is worth considering what you should listen to and when it is particularly important to listen carefully. Although there are times when things are interesting and important, this is not always the case. Being able to pick out what is important can save you time, money and sometimes your life.
Activity 10 When to listen carefully
Can you think of occasions when listening carefully is important? Take a few minutes to write down some ideas.
You might have thought of some of these:
- When someone is sharing personal things
- When being given instructions at work
- When planning something with other people
- During legal proceedings
- When discussing financial details
- When being told evacuation procedures
- When being given health and safety instructions.