6 Reading different texts
Improving your reading means that you can more easily:
- understand the main points of a text
- get to grips with the details of a text
- understand what the person who wrote the text is trying to tell you.
You can also make better use of your reading time.
If you are a student:
- you can learn more easily as you study
- you can quickly pick out the main points of anything you read
- you can understand what you read more easily.
If you are at work:
- you can read instructions more easily
- you can understand memos and reports more quickly.
If you are looking for a job:
- you can cope better with job adverts
- you can fill in long forms more easily.
If you are a parent:
- you can help your children with their reading skills
- you can enjoy reading with your children.
In this section, you think about your reading habits and look at ways of making the most of your reading.