12 Session 1 summary
You have now completed Session 1, ‘Working with numbers’. If you have identified any areas that you need to work on, please ensure you refer back to this section of the course and retry the activities.
You should now be able to:
- understand and use whole numbers, and understand negative numbers in practical contexts
- add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers using a range of strategies
- find fractions of whole numbers
- find common percentages of whole numbers and calculate percentage increases and decreases
- add, subtract, multiply and divide decimals up to two decimal places
- understand and use equivalences between common fractions, decimals and percentages
- solve simple problems involving ratio, where one number is a multiple of the other
- use simple formulas expressed in words for one- or two-step operations.
All of the skills above will help you with tasks in everyday life. Whether you are at home or at work, number skills are an essential skill to have.
You are now ready to move on to Session 2.