5 Session 2 summary
You have now completed Session 2, ‘Units of measure’. If you have identified any areas that you need to work on, please ensure you refer to this section of the course and retry the activities.
You should now be able to:
- understand that there are different units used for measuring and how to choose the appropriate unit
- convert between measurements in the same system (e.g. grams and kilograms) and those in different systems (e.g. litres and gallons)
- use exchange rates to convert currencies
- work with time and timetables
- work out the average speed of a journey using a formula.
All of the skills listed above will help you with tasks in everyday life, such as measuring for new furniture or redesigning a room or garden. These are essential skills that will help you progress through your employment and education.
You are now ready to move on to Session 3, ‘Handling data’.