11 Session 1 summary
You have now completed Session 1, ‘Working with numbers’. If you have identified any areas that you need to work on, please ensure you refer back to this section of the course and retry the activities.
You should now be able to:
- use the four operations to solve problems in context
- understand rounding and look at different ways of doing this
- solve equations involving negative numbers
- use fractions, decimals and percentages and convert between them
- solve different types of ratio problems
- use inverse operations to check your calculations.
All of the skills above will help you with tasks in everyday life. Whether you are at home or at work, number skills are an essential skill to have.
You are now ready to move on to Session 2, ‘Units of measure’.