Summary of Week 3
Week 3 introduced you to two key network protocols and their use to configure a home network.
You should now be able to:
- understand how DHCP configures host devices automatically
- understand how NAT operates and helps reduce demand for IP addresses
- set up DHCP on a domestic gateway and configure host devices to obtain network configuration using DHCP
- state the roles carried out by a home gateway
- configure a home gateway from another device
- set up services on a home gateway, including Wi-Fi and DHCP.
Next week you will look in more detail at data in the network – how addresses are represented and how individual packets of data can be seen.