Summary of Week 5
Week 5 introduced you to larger, enterprise-scale networks, the networking equipment and the network engineers that work on them.
You have also seen how to connect and configure commercial networking devices using the command-line interface (CLI).
You should now be able to:
- recognise physical devices that are used in local area networks and know how to connect them
- understand the role of a network engineer
- begin to think about the possible career opportunities in networking
- understand how a network engineer would connect to a commercial networking device using a console port
- understand how a network engineer would connect to a commercial networking device using a remote connection via Telnet or SSH
- identify the different modes within the Cisco CLI
- configure a hostname and IP address on a Cisco router via the CLI.
Next week you will start to look in more detail at some of the principles that allow networks to function.