Your final activity is to summarise briefly what you have gained from this course.
Activity 5.4 What have I learned?
Here are the learning outcomes that we listed in this course’s introduction:
- a clearer understanding of your experiences as a carer and also in your wider roles
- an understanding of the various skills that you have developed as a carer and in your wider roles and how these are transferable to other situations
- an appreciation of personal qualities developed through your caring role
- a chance to think about your goals and aspirations for the future
- an idea of how you might work towards these goals and where you may get help and support
- the ability to use information technology (IT) to carry out reflective activities in writing and communicating
- the ability to use the internet to find information useful to you
- the ability to explore and use new ways of expressing ideas.
Make a note of the learning outcomes that you think you’ve achieved, either fully or partially. Also write down anything else you feel you have achieved that was not in them, such as making some new friends, learning that everybody has difficulties of some kind and so on.
You can use Activity sheet 5.4 to complete this activity.
Go to Activity 5.4 of your Reflection Log. Once you have completed the activity, make sure you save the document again.
We hope you have enjoyed studying the course. We hope you have learned a little bit more about yourself: how much you can do and what you would like to do in the future. Everyone has strengths, qualities and abilities, and we sometimes need help in recognising and using these. We hope you will go on to achieve great things with your talents!
If you haven’t done so already you may want to look at the Find out more section at the end of the course. It has information links and contact details for further resources and support including carers support services, careers, education and training.