Key points from Section 1
In this section you have learned:
- that everything you do or say is communication
- the importance of visual communication when caring for others
- what interpersonal skills are and some of the ways you can develop them
- the different stages of listening and the role that active listening plays in communication
- that there are different ways to help people to communicate
- why good record-keeping is important and what makes a good record.
Section 2 covers mental health problems. Studying this section will give you an insight into the care and treatment options for people with a mental illness. You will also learn about the role of family carers looking after a friend or a relative with mental health problems.