3.8 Sustainable Scotland
This broad-based course will introduce you to a number of different aspects of sustainability that impact on Scotland and the wider world. It wil appeal to anyone with an interest in a sustainable future in the context of contemporary Scottish society.
To access this material click on the course link below. It leads to a separate OpenLearn course and will open in a new window.
- (5 study hours)
By the end of this free course you should be able to:
- understand the terms ‘sustainability’ and ‘sustainable development’;
- follow current debates on environmental issues;
- understand more about measuring sustainability and footprinting;
- consider whether dematerialisation is really happening;
- consider what is globalisation and understand the global trade in recycling;
- understand the history of fishing in Scotland;
- consider what can be done to reduce waste heat;
- understand the tensions between nature and culture.