My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
Anna Kent RGN, BSc (HONS) is a clinical specialist nurse for neurological conditions nurse, in Milton Keynes, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL), it is a community-based role.
Her current post covers a range of complex, rarer, and progressive neurological conditions including Motor neurone disease, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP), Multiple System Atrophy, (MSA), and other rarer neurological conditions.
Working within this role has provided extensive scope and ongoing opportunities to enable innovation and development of services to provide care and support not just for individuals living with the conditions but also their family members and carers. The role has led to the development and implementation of comprehensive, integrated community care pathways from point of diagnosis throughout the disease trajectory, including end of life care pathways, for a range of progressive neurological conditions. She has developed a specialist interest in neuro-palliative care, working closely with her colleagues in the palliative care teams, delivering local education and training in relation to the end of life care, and advance care planning. She and has been an active member of the working party who has developed and implemented a local advance care plan.
- Tel: 01908 724523 (Text Relay: 18001 01908 724523)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.cnwl.nhs.uk
- Kent, A. (2004) Huntington’s Disease. Nursing Standard, 18 ( 32) pp 45-51
- Kent, A. (2008) Huntington's Disease. In Editor(s): H Kristian, K Heggenhougen, International Encyclopedia of Public Health,
- Academic Press. pp 495-501,
- Kent, A. (2012). Motor neurone disease: an overview. Nursing Standard 26(46) pp 48-57
- Kent, A. (2013) Progressive supranuclear palsy. Nursing Standard. 27(51) pp 48-57
- Kent, A. (2015 ) Advance care planning in progressive neurological conditions Nursing Standard. 29 (21) pp 51-59
Anna Kent's activities
Browse 1 OpenLearn item Anna Kent has worked on
Advance Care Planning (ACP) is the process of thinking about, documenting and sharing one’s wishes, beliefs, values and preferences for one’s future care. This process is often captured in a document called an advance care plan. The plan and the conversations around it can be used to help align and coordinate care around these preferences. This means that the care people receive towards the end of their life is more likely to be the kind of care they want.
13 Jan 2021
Create your free OpenLearn profile
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn, but signing-up will give you access to your personal learning profile and record of achievements that you earn while you study.