My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
This page has been archived and no longer updated. Please be aware that the information provided on this page may be out of date, or otherwise inaccurate due to the passage of time. For more detail, see our Archive and Deletion Policy.
How does the law stand in relation to web privacy? Do we have the same rights online as we do in life? The online revolution has moved rapidly but has the law managed to keep up with it and what has been the impact on our legal rights? These two films touch upon issues that have emerged as a result of a growing online community like the complications that ----- when attempting to reconcile how various countries use different laws to police an individual’s omnipresent profile on the net. It also explores who owns the information we publish when we create an online account.
This material forms part of the Open University course TU100 My digital life.
Track 1: Why do the media need your help?
Online media and freedom of information
© The Open University 2012
- Read a transcript of this track - you'll need a PDF viewer, such as Adobe's free Adobe Reader
- Download this track from iTunes U - you'll need Apple's free iTunes software
- See details of the Open University course this album comes from
- Discover more from The Open University and iTunesU at open.edu/itunes
Tracks in this podcast:
|1||Why do the media need your help?||Online media and freedom of information Play now Why do the media need your help?|
|2||Does the online Generation have anything to worry about?||Are we still legally considered citizens, when we’re online? Play now Does the online Generation have anything to worry about?|
Originally published: Wednesday, 28th March 2012
- Body text - Content: Copyright The Open University
- Audio/Video tracks: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 The Open University 2012
- Image 'Online Rights and the Law' - Copyright: The Open University 2012
- Image 'Mountains at sunrise' - Copyright free: 12019
- Image 'Books, gavel and weighing scales on a table in front of a grey background. ' - Copyright: olegdudko
- Image 'Human rights and law' - Copyright: Used with permission
- Image 'Starting with law' - Copyright: Used with permission
- Image 'The UK Border at Heathrow' - Danny Howard under Creative Commons BY 4.0 license
- Image 'Weather-It logo' - Copyright: Weather-It
- Image 'Spacehive logo' - Copyright: Spacehive
- Image 'Click! logo' - Copyright: Click!
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Latest pages by The iTunes U team
- Latest pages tagged - law
- Latest pages tagged - online
- Latest pages tagged - rights
- Latest pages tagged - account
- Latest pages tagged - Community
- Latest pages tagged - countries
- Latest pages tagged - digital
- Latest pages tagged - films
- Latest pages tagged - forms
- Latest pages tagged - impact
- Latest comments on this page