2.2 Summary of Section 2
In this first section you came across several ideas of what design might be, as well as a few things that it is not. These were presented to make you think about design in ways you might not have done before.
In summary, you saw that:
- design is more than aesthetics and appearance
- design is more than products and objects
- design is much more than just solving a single problem
- design is not just for designers
- design is about thinking around the object.
Design was also noted to be any of the following (or even a mix of them):
In the next section you will have a look at some of these examples of design engineering.